Friday, January 11, 2013

End of the Week Update

Soooo, I suck at blogging.  The end.  5 posts in and now I've got nothing.  Great way to start off with a bang, Megan!

For all 8 of you out there that are sweet enough to actually read my blog, here is a quick play-by-play of all the exciting things that happened at the Ferris household this week.  

*Sidenote:  Rain + no scheduled engagements = me in pjs most of this week.

Tuesday:  
Waited 4 hours for a no-show pest control man = not happy, but on the bright side, pjs all day!

Injured foot and knee from taking a nasty spill on slick concrete while wearing slippers and chasing the dog.  (Yes, this is my life.)  I am fine, just badly bruised...mainly on the side of my foot which makes walking quite painful and comical.

Hubs came home a little early to help me (the newly crippled) make Baked Chicken Parmesan.  AMAZING.  We used this recipe and steamed some fresh asparagus as a side dish.  http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/baked-chicken-parmesan.html

Wednesday:
Hopped from the bed to the couch (because bruises always hurt worse the next day) and stayed there till 4pm.

Changed out of my pjs at 4pm in order to not scare the (rescheduled) pest control man.

A home happy hour visit at 5pm turned into an impromptu friend dinner.  Hubs made some delicious beef-wrapped asparagus and roasted red potatoes.  *That makes THREE nights IN A ROW of new (to us) meals for dinner!  Go us!

Thursday:
First day all week that I put on real clothes and make-up...for a job interview.

Friday:
I got the job and am (once again) a full-time nanny!  So excited to start next week...I miss playing mommy!

HAPPY FRIDAY Y'ALL!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yippee!!! So glad you're back. Sorry to hear about your injury, but is a great excuse to lay low for a few days. Have you helped hubs cook this week? Hope you're back in the kitchen giving it your best. You can do it!!! Excited to hear about your nanny job. Nurturing kiddos is your God-given gift. Hope to see you soon. Love y'all.

    ReplyDelete