Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Dogs vs. Kids

This morning began when Margot (the dog) started making a weird noise...her vomiting noise...in the bed...right next to me.  I flailed out of the covers trying to stop whatever was about to happen in my bed.  Margot proceeded to throw up twice...on two different pillows.  And OF COURSE the pillows were soaked in doggie puke once I violently stripped off the pillowcases.  UGH.  So, now I have to deal with figuring out how to wash pillows???  I've only been awake 4 minutes.  It's before 8 AM.  This is NOT how my day was supposed to start.  Cue unnecessarily loud huffing and puffing and dramatic stomping around the house.  

I eventually calmed down, after I threw one pillow away (it was old anyway) and Hubs calmly read the tag on the new pillow, which stated the care instructions.  I mean, WHO has time to find/read tags when they are busy being dramatic?!  Not this girl.

So, my thoughts/questions of the day?  Does this normal embarrassing display of unnecessary drama mean that I'm not ready for kids of my own?  Or am I just not a dog person, meaning I'll be much more calm and normal in the event of my human child throwing up in my bed?  

Or maybe I'm just not a morning person...

Hmmmmm....

1 comment:

  1. When they say everything changes when you have kids, they really mean everything. A little spit up...or a lot...won't phase you after the third time. PROMISE!

    ReplyDelete