Thursday, June 20, 2013

Complaining

Today, I'm going to preach a little.  So, I'm writing this here and not on Facebook...mostly because I hate when people get all crazy in their status updates.  So, now's your chance...keep reading or stop.

There have been many times throughout my life when I have noticed what others are doing and it makes me so crazy that I stop doing that said thing myself.  Lately, that thing has been complaining.  I, myself, am a #1 complainer.  I have been my whole life.  However, lately I just can't take it anymore.  I am 98.9999% about to delete my Facebook account, because frankly I don't want to be friends with half the people I "see" on my newsfeed everyday.  

It makes me MENTAL to read people's comments complaining about how "miserable" and "horrible" their pregnancies are...especially from 2nd time moms.  You knew what you were getting into, sista!  Regardless, you should be celebrating EVERY day that you are part of creating a human life.  EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.  There are so many women who would do just about anything to be in that position, to be pregnant...and carrying a healthy baby.  

I don't even know how to phrase an intelligent sentence to convey how badly I want to be a "miserable, uncomfortable, crazy, fat, sweaty, tired, etc..." pregnant woman.  And I  know that when that day comes, I will be beyond blessed and so fortunate to just be given the opportunity to be apart of something so remarkable.

Having a miscarriage changes a person.  100% changes them.  It changed me for the better.  I now recognize what is truly important in life and appreciate the little things so much more.

Everyone needs to stop dwelling on the "hard" times and realize how much they are blessed.  Pregnancy is a HUGE blessing.  Don't make it something ugly by degrading it.  I (and so many others) would gladly take your place.   

No comments:

Post a Comment