Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend Project

This past weekend, I got it into my head that our front yard needed a makeover.  The problem is though that I don't really like flowers or shrubs...or the outdoors.  Hubs has a degree in Landscape Architecture and creates designs and layouts on a daily basis.  Perfect, right?!  He picks out everything and then we throw them in the ground and it looks like the gardens at Biltmore Estate.  Piece. of. cake.

Wrong-o.  

Our Friday night (we party hard) trip to Lowe's consisted largely of me not being able to make a single decision and hating everything as Hubs stood by and watched.  I am a VERY visual person and kept making Hubs lay out mock-ups for me with the plants in the aisles of Lowe's.  (We were there for quite some time.)  We FINALLY left the store with way less than we needed, because a.) we realized we were in my car and b.) plants are stupid expensive!  I had other ideas on how to spend that money...oh well.  

All in all, it was a gorgeous weekend and the new flower bed looks great!  Even though, it APPARENTLY takes months/years for plants to get big and fill out the space.  Disappointed.

Hubs did a great job doing most of all the work...I mean, we only had ONE shovel and my ankle is still not 100%, so...



BEFORE


AFTER




But, as a souvenir from the weekend, I did get this...



and YES, it is as red as it looks and hurts WORSE than you can imagine.  

This has not happened to me in YEARS and I did not miss it!  WHAT WAS I THINKING?!!

And oh how fun it was to get up and put on clothes today...

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! That sunburn hurts! The new word of the week is S-U-N-S-C-R-E-E-N. The best thing in the whole wide world for burns is egg whites. It might be too late this time, but it couldn't hurt to try. Get Topher to smear egg whites all over the red areas. Let it stay on as long a possible - like overnight - (sleep in one of his t-shirts, but don't put the shirt on until after the whites dry.

    Love the flower beds. They will fill in faster than you think (unless you pull one of my tricks which is to either let them die of thirst or drown).

    See y'all soon - we're coming Wednesday and staying through the weekend at Bun's.

    ReplyDelete