Monday, April 22, 2013

Spilt Milk

On Sunday morning, one of my BIGGEST nightmares came true.  And looking back, oh how I wish there was documentation.  Hubs wasn't even a witness, just my knight in shining armor.

Here's what went down...

I was super lazy Sunday morning and while Hubs woke up early and was mowing the grass, I was catching up on Lifetime movies...naturally.  Eventually, I went to the kitchen for some cereal.  As I was about to pour the milk in the bowl, I felt something crawling on my leg.  When I realized that it was a ROACH making it's way up my leg, I came UNGLUED.  UNGLUED.
My first reaction was to start kicking, flailing (with OPEN milk jug in hand) and SCREAMING.  Hubs was outside mowing the backyard when I ran out in my pjs exclaiming that he MUST come inside NOW.  All Hubs saw was me shaking and milk covering EVERYTHING in the kitchen.  It took a few seconds for me to convey what happened and that the roach needed to be killed brutally murdered.  

Now, Hubs could have reacted in a variety of ways, but he calmly killed the roach, hugged me and (while trying his hardest not to laugh out loud) started sopping up lakes of milk.

I spent the next 30 minutes or so taking apart appliances, draining out decorative bowls and the garlic container and wiping down every surface.  

Milk was everywhere, except for in the cereal bowl.  Not a drop.

I apologize that I didn't take a picture of the aftermath.  It really was quite a site and would have made this story that much better.  But, for those of you who know me well, I'm sure you have a pretty good mental picture by now.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Megan.....Hubs is used to that kind of reaction. I have always been TERRIFIED of roaches and totally freak out when one is spotted!!! I feel your pain and I'm so glad he was helpful in cleaning up the aftermath.....with a hug thrown in!!!! That's my boy!!!

    ReplyDelete