Sunday, March 17, 2013

Easter Cupcakes

It's almost Easter, so I thought I would share these cupcakes I made over a year ago for my MIL (Mrs. Bunny)'s birthday party.  They were a huge hit at the party and I am still amazed at how cute they turned out!

I don't remember all the details of what I did since it was so long ago.  It was the first time I ever made sugar cookies and icing from scratch and did the "flooding" technique when icing the cookies.  It was intimidating at first, but really cool and EASY.  I really should start doing it more!




I put two toothpicks in each cookie (pair of ears) before baking them...to help secure them in each cupcake.



Green cupcake wrappers (sitting in grass) and white pom-pom tails for extra detail.





I LOVE how it looks like it has hair!

This was my first attempt (no time for practice), so I'm sure I could have made it look more polished had I had time for practice.  However, I still think they are just adorable!  (Except for the horrible lighting in my kitchen!)


Here is a good tutorial on icing cookies:

2 comments:

  1. These were absolutely the cutest cupcakes I have even seen.....and the hit and talk of the party!!! It was soooooo sweet of you to make them!!!! You really need to go into the business! I am extremely impressed with your creativity and talents. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so adorable! I'm too lazy to try them, but I'm going to forward the link to Lora and Robin. They will want to follow your blog anyway!

    ReplyDelete